Sunday, March 7, 2010

Slow but steady

Hello everyone,
Sorry it has taken me sooooooooooooooooooo long to post anything about our last cook - n -critique. We had a great time. Everything was wonderful. Last time we laughed and sighed about how mostly bad the recipes had turned out. This time WOW! What a difference a cookbook makes. We laughed and congratulated each other. We sighed this time because our stomachs we so full and we were very, very, very satisfied. My dish was the Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette. Excellent salad. Very easy to make, even with washing and drying the strawberries and romaine lettuce. Even though my precious husband picked the strawberries for me I stilled washed them. I hope know one is picturing me over a sudsy sink, with my pink rubber gloves on scrubbing away. That's way to much cleaning. I give them a good rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. The vinaigrette was very light and tasty. It needs two hours to chill before serving so keep that in mind. It is worth the wait.
Well, I have finally decided what dish I will be preparing for our next critique and all I can say is I get to use my brand new Cuisinart Food Processor. It's a bit scary! Every time I read the instructions, there before me are highlighted words reminding me the blades are sharp. I might talk myself out of using it. I do like my fingers.
Cupcake and I will be the hostesses this time around. Boy, do we have some big shoes to fill. Sweet Jeanette had lovely favors and a very warm welcome for all of us. D-licious had a beautiful table set and sent us home before clean up. What is a body to do. You will have to check back and see which cookbook we chose, which recipes we used and how Cupcake and I had the prettiest setup and the best ever favors!

No comments:

Post a Comment