Monday, February 1, 2010

Saucy and her Fingerling Potatoes....

Hello all,
What can I add to Cupcakes description of our Cookbook Critique dinner? Uhmmmmmm we really did have fun being together and SweetJeanette is The best hostess. We received party favors as well as a warm and inviting home to share our crock pot adventures. Now on to my recipe. I did have one of the winners. Go me. Was it a winner because it was so good or because everything else was so bad? It was not a really difficult recipe, but a bit time consuming. I could have done the whole thing start to finish in an hour and a half instead of 3 1/2 hours. Granted I would have employed the use of my oven but the bacon would have been crispy. I couldn't find Fingerling potatoes so I substituted Baby Dutch Yellow potatoes. Cute little guys but the bacon didn't wrap around them very well. I had to toothpick some of the bacon during the frying portion of the recipe. The recipe did not call for salt and the end result greatly needed it. It was a five Spoon evening but a one Spoon cookbook. Overall we had a great time but left wondering "where should we go eat".

No comments:

Post a Comment