Monday, February 1, 2010

D-Licious and Her Not So Delicious Sweet Potatoes

Well, as Cupcake and Saucy have already told you the evening's meal was, shall we say, less than delicious. I was very excited for this experiment as I am a frequent crock pot user. My dish was the Sweet-Spiced Sweet Potatoes. This was a very easy dish to prepare. The hardest part was getting the potatoes cut uniformly into 1/2" pieces. Am I the only one who has a problem with this? Anyway, the recipe called for dark brown sugar which I substituted with light brown sugar since that's what I had on hand. I also made a recipe and a half since it only made four servings and we were a table of six. I can't say that the dish was "bad" but it's not something that's going in my "I definitely want to make that again" file. I have to say that my favorite dish of the meal was the Country Time Pink Lemonade that SweetJeanette had so kindly mixed together for us. Although the meal left me somewhat unsatisfied, it was still a memorable time spent with some of my favorite ladies. I mean, at what other time in your life can you eat someone else's food and tell them how bad it is without hurting their feelings? Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment