Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Crock Pot Post Roast

We had this dish a couple nights ago and I thought I'd share.   I have had this saved this to my Evernote app for quite some time now and finally decided to make it.  Do you have a smart phone?  I really like Evernote (by the way, it's not just a smart phone app, you can also access it on the internet, but I really like having it on my phone (it'll sync up between the computer and your phone) because I can just pull out my phone in the grocery store and all the ingredients are right there for me so I can pick up what I need.   I don't know if you know this or not, but I'm an app junkie!  Are you?  (I'd love to know what your faves are!) 

Back to the recipe... (whew!) This is such an easy dish and who doesn't love a crockpot meal, right?  I'm thinking we're putting this recipe in the "keeper" file at my house.   Here ya go...

2-5 pound pot roast, any kind
1 envelope Ranch dressing (dry)
1 envelope Italian dressing
1 envelope brown gravy mix
Potatoes and Carrots
1 to 1 1/2 cup water

Cut up the carrots and potatoes however you like 'em. (big chunks, diced...whatever) and place in the Crockpot.   Put roast on top of veggies.  Sprinkle all 3 packets of mixes on top.  Pour the water on top of all and cook on low for 6-10 hours, until tender and veggies are cooked through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment