Friday, April 2, 2010

Cuisinart Fun

First of all I want to thank the lovely ladies (Cupcake, D-licious, Buttercream and Sweet Jeanette) that made our Cook-N-Critique so special. I love, love, love, these ladies. What a fun day. Guess what I still have all my fingers. Yep, I didn't lose a one using the cuisinart. I'm glad I didn't have yeast and have to use the cuisinart. That would have been too scary. Can you imagine chocolate being tooooooooooo chocolate. On top of that the crust was well, I don't know exactly what it was. The directions weren't very clear about how to handle a prebaked piecrust. I'm not sure I baked it long enough but it baked as long as the recipe called for. Maybe it was the parchment lined baking sheet that was under the pie plate. I didn't let it cool completely before I put the filling in it to bake. Ok, back to the chocolate. The recipe called for 1 cup of coarsely grated semi sweet chocolate. Now how coarse is coarse? I wish the recipe had said 2 ounces or 4 ounces. I used 6 ounces. Way to much. Anywho, I don't think I will use that recipe again. Oh by the way the crust recipe made 2 crusts. I used the second crust on top of the Chicken Pot Pie I made the other day and it turned out really good. Flaky and all. So maybe I need to practice making a prebaked crust. Hmmmmmmmmm that's a thought.
Enough about my CHOCOLATE PIE. We sure had some good eats. We started our feast with our blessing (isn't God good?) then moved to the food table. I was last in line and by the time I started putting food on my plate I started hearing yummms and lip smacking etc. The cake, muffins and bread were the sources of the tastebud euphoria. It is hard to stop eating and think about what you did or didn't like about your recipe. Food is so distracting. Good food that is.
We have another special critique planned for April.

No comments:

Post a Comment